|Version 13 (modified by piers, 7 years ago)|
The UCL Multimedia and Networking group have made the following additions/changes - see the latest CHANGES file in the download section for more infomation.
- Source-Specific Multicast (SSM) support - see SSM IETF WG. Use: vic source_addr,group_addr/port
- Windows DirectX capture driver
- New H261as codec for use with Rhys Hawkins VPC Screen
- NSIS installer scripts to create Windows installer
For a full list of latest features
- Layered video support and pvh codec from MASH Project
- Support for IPv6 under WIN32 and UNIX based upon UCLA's implementation.
- Moved vic to use UCL's tcl/tk libraries to remove problems to due to the multitude of different versions of tcl/tk installed on target machines.
- Moved vic to use UCL's common library to keep up with developments of crypto code and Mbus code used by UCL's other applications.
- Improved capturing on Windows
- Display performance problems fixed on Windows
- Added capture support for Linux using Video4Linux
- Support for SunVideo Plus capture card from Friedrich-Alexander Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg (FAU)
- X11 screen capture
- H263 codec from Friedrich-Alexander Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg (FAU)
- H263+ codec from TU Berlin, derived from UBC SPM G group's H.263+ implementation
- Software JPEG and BVC encoding from MASH Project
- Raw YUV packetiser/codec
- Support for hardware H.261 encoding from FAU
- Audio/Video syncronisation with RAT3.2
- Alternative interface for use with the ReLaTe integrated interface
- Assorted fixes from the MASH project and Bill Fenner